Algebra 2 Quick Checks

Algebra 2 quick check


In Algebra 2,we start the year with the concepts of increasing and decreasing fast to slow and slow to fast with a cool motion detector activity. It's awesome and lets the kids see what graphs will look like if motion speeds up or slows down. This is really their first introduction to slopes that are not constant. We get into domain and range a little later, by which time things feel like they've completely fallen apart and I've lost everyone. Again, things come together by Thanksgiving.

This year, once we get through increasing, decreasing, domain and range, I plan to give out these quick check sheets every so often to, as you may have guessed from the name, quickly check student understanding of these concepts. I think they will really work well and will let me know right away who's feet are still stuck in the concrete:)


math word walls

Word walls
I wouldn't be able to teach without our classroom word wall. We use the different parts every day. You can check out what's on my word wall here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment