Synthetic Division in Algebra 2

Every year I need a refresher on synthetic division. I don't know what it is about the method, but for the life of me I can never remember what goes where and what to do next. Once I see it, it's so simple (facepalm), but by the time the topic comes up the next year, I definitely need that refresher. 


synthetic division reference sheet


Today I made a cheat sheet to give to our students tomorrow as we get ready for a polynomials quiz on Thursday and mid-year review next week. Really, the sheet is as much for me as it is for them:) It's a half-sheet so I papercut the sheet in half and hole punch for the kids to put in their notebooks. You can find this synthetic division cheat sheet here


9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. You have a gift for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I realized im my Synthetic Division excitement that I never completed the problem! That'll come tomorrow...:)

      Delete
  2. Love this! I just taught this today and would love to give this to my students to add to their folders. Fun and creative, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting ready to teach on Tuesday...thanks for the great reference sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the resource sheet! It is so neatly organized and includes everything my students need to know. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I'm glad to help. I really do have to refresh on this every year. It's such a weird process so I know the kids must be like, "Whaaaaaat?" HA!

      Delete
    2. I introduced my students to it earlier this year but am going more in depth soon. This will be a great refresher for them and will hopefully help them understand the process a little better. They had the same reaction as your kids. When I told them they had to multiply and add they looked at me like I had 5 heads and was speaking a foreign language!

      Delete

Comment