The horror of bad feedback

Scaffolded Math and Science


Ugh. Bad feedback. 
Everyone gets it, everyone gives it (some have more than others). It's the reason I'd never want to be a principal. I cringe giving it, I cringe getting it.... 

especially when the bad feedback is completely justified, or is about my favorite things.

or both!

I am one of those people who doesn't read directions. If there are too many screws and washers, I get my husband to do it. To me, a good photo is way better than a set of written directions, so I've gone about my life thinking this is true for everyone...

but it's not true for everyone.
Some people LIKE written directions! Who knew?! 
So this weekend, I swallowed my no-directions pride and updated one of my favorite resources: my Linear Equations Flippables. This is a direct result of some feedback that the flippables are confusing to put together. I ignored the feedback and it happened again, and again... I should never have done that. It's easy for me to understand how they go together- I made them! I learned my lesson. However hard or not hard the old ones were to put together, they're completely scrapped. The new batch is SUPER easy to assemble. And I added simple directions! Just cut, stack and staple. And the directions are written right there on each page.



Above and beyond
And I got carried away. If you know me, you know I tend to do this in all aspects of my life. Instead of simply adding directions, I revamped everything. Different font, better layout for cutting faster, more streamlined appearance. And I have to tell you, I like them more than ever.

If you had already downloaded these guys in the past, it is FREE to download them here again! I hope you like the new flippables (I do!).




2 comments:

Comment