How to Enlarge a File to a Poster!



If your PDFs aren't giving you the multi-page poster option in "print", this post is for you! 

Once, long, long ago, I looked into what it would cost at Staples to enlarge a file into a poster for my classroom. 

I was blown away. Um, we're teachers, not anesthesiologists. (One of my students informed me the other day that anesthesiology is the highest-paid profession. I certainly think they deserve every penny after pushing out a 9-pounder (well 8 pounds 14 ounces, but close enough). Thank you epidural!)

Whaaaaaat??? You want HOW much?? No really, that's crazy.



I used to add this little tutorial on the end of the posters in my tpt store but then realized that it may be a pain to enlarge the poster itself with this tutorial stuck on the end. Oh the irony. So here it is. Here is a way you can enlarge a file into a poster-sized wall hanging for your classroom without paying Staples a dime. 

Steps to enlarge any file into a poster:
1: Go to ZamZar.com to convert from pdf to jpeg.
2: Go to BlockPosters.com to enlarge from jpeg to poster.
3: Save as pdf to your computer.
*4: Print from saved file. 
*Choose: PAGE SCALING: FIT TO PRINTABLE AREA*
5: Cut and paste (tape) together!
6: Hang in classroom!

There it is! Sorry not sorry Staples!  

If you would like picture directions, I wrote more about enlarging a file into a poster here. Actually, I had forgotten that I had written this post and wrote another one. Can I still claim "baby brain" years later?



Here is another poster I made for my Algebra 2 students. It's hard to tell, but that poster above was made with 4 sheets of computer paper. I hung it in my class to help my students find zeros on the graphing calculator

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment